Monday, April 03, 2006

The Light

Photography is all about light. It's about finding the light and making it work to your advantage. Lighting can make or break a photo. When you see a sillouhette, the only reason that works is because the subject is being back lit. These shots use lighting in interesting ways.



I used the speedlight on my camera for this one and a slow shutter speed. It created a nice range of motion shot. The street light helped to define the action and limit any blur.



The sun is starting to set later now that spring is here. I liked the shadows the setting sun made. Temple's infamous Belltower-- something I won't be seeing much of after May18:)
Sunset, the best form of lighting. It creates an orange glow. (Berk's Mall on Temple's campus.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pics. I know very little about photography, but I know that lighting is essential.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Erin E. said...

Checks and stars for knowing that Cnel, LOL...:)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Darren Sands said...

You should post on here more often.

Erin Erin, you're so cool, you're so cool you make me wanna drool.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Erin E. said...

Yes Yes, I know, D...I'm slackin on my pimpin'
Question-drool? lol, I make you want to drool? ha!wow...I must be pretty darn special:)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Erin E. you are an inspiration for me. I think (wish) I was a photographer, as a hobby....

But you've even included photography tricks....

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home